Search This Blog

Monday 5 September 2011

Walk of section: 5th September 2011

With the end of the season nearly upon us, it was time for another monthly monitoring report of my section. The weather forecast predicted sunshine and showers for this morning. I was lucky to complete the six and a half mile round trip without the need of my waterproofs.

I began my walk at Heavenfield in bright sunshine and reached Port gate at about 10.15 a.m. On the way, I cut back the vegetation around all of the gates and stiles on the Trail, picked up a wide variety of litter, cut back brambles and nettles near to the Trail and replaced one missing Acorn way marker which had been removed from a stile.

On the first leg my walk I met no walkers. it was only on my return leg that I met four people, who were completing the full Trail.

The recent wet weather has not helped the Trail as it was waterlogged, flooded and very muddy in places.

The following photographs were taken as I completed the walk of my section:

Example of one of the problem areas.

Walking East towards Portgate.

Trail looking West.

Trail looking West towards Stanley Plantation.

Flooded section of Trail.

Walking West towards Heavenfield.

Looking East.

Gate into Heavenfield, walking West.

Trail in Heavenfield, walking West.

No comments:

Post a Comment