Search This Blog

Thursday 22 September 2011

Walk of section - 22nd September 2011

Took advantage of the dry and sunny weather of late September to squeeze in another walk of the section. The rain of the last three months still continues to cause problems on the Trail. The dips and hollows are still waterlogged with standing water in places. 

Plastic matting has been laid by our two lengths men on the most muddiest areas of my section. On my walk today I cut back the vegetation around all of the stiles and gates, I also cut back any brambles and nettles encroaching on the path. Molehills are also starting to appear on some grassed areas.

I met 24 walkers on the Trail today, 22 were completing the full Hadrian's Wall Path National Trail, the other two were day walkers out with their dog.

Whilst in the wooded area of Stanley Plantation I found the path blocked by a large branch. Moving it was quite difficult, as it was down in the narrowest section of the Trail. 

The following photographs were taken as I walked the six and a half mile return journey of my section:

Approaching Stanley Plantation walking west.

Beside Military Road Plantation.

Beside the Military Road Crossing looking west.

View of Trail looking west to Heavenfield

One of the problem areas on the Trail.

St. Oswald's Church at Heavenfield.






No comments:

Post a Comment