Search This Blog

Monday 6 June 2011

Walk of Section: 6th June 2011

After the rain of yesterday, it was good to see some sunshine again for my second walk of the season, on my section of Hadrian's Wall Path National Trail. I was at the start of the section for about 8.00 a.m. and started by picking up some litter, cutting the grass around the first stile and tidying up around the information plaque.


Trail at Heavenfield.

On the way west to Heavenfield, I cut the grass under all of the stiles and cleared away nettles. The path through Stanley Plantation was relatively clear, but some troublesome brambles and nettles encroaching on the path needed to be removed.

It was not until after I had crossed the Military Road at the half way point of the section, that I met the first two walkers on the trail. 

View of Wall ditch looking west.

Reaching Heavenfield about 10.30 a.m. I had to cut back some branches of a tree that had fallen probably due to the strong winds at the end of May.

After cutting some nettles near to the gate in Heavenfield I set off on my return leg to The Errington Arms at Stagshaw roundabout. In total during the three and a half hours on the trail, I met 20 walkers who were doing the full walk.

Although it became very overcast, the rain kept off and the sun came out again as I reached the car park at The Errington Arms.

Speaking to the walkers today, they were all complimentary about the condition of the path and said how friendly all of the people were that they had met during their time on their walk.



Stanley Plantation.

View of trail looking west.

Trail looking west towards Heavenfield.



No comments:

Post a Comment